Our Story

The United Church of Huntsville began in the fall of 1959 with three families and a pioneering spirit. The first meeting place was the Raymond Jones Armory. The small group moved to the Albert Pick Motel and then to the Scottish Rite Temple.

In January 1961, the Rev. Raymond Berry became the first full-time pastor, and twelve members signed the charter in June of 1961.  The fledgling congregation purchased he old Fleming farmhouse on Whitesburg Drive and called if the Church House.  A building plan was adopted, and the first structure was dedicated in October 1968.

We dedicated a new sanctuary in October of 1990, transforming a vision into reality.  More recently our congregation with the extra steps to become an "open and affirming" congregation (Open and Affirming in the UCC - United Church of Christ).